Fair use or not, Goldieblox has stopped the music.
The toy company has replaced the Beastie Boys‘ song, “Girls,” from the soundtrack to its controversial viral advertisement which shows three girls playing with a Rube Goldberg-type machine over alternative, empowering song lyrics. In an open letter to Michael Diamond and Adam Horovitz, Goldieblox has also offered to withdraw its lawsuit if the band stipulates that the company is no longer under threat.
For further reading, click HERE
- The Toy Company Fighting The Beastie Boys Has Given Up (businessinsider.com)
- Beastie Boys legal threats dropped (contactmusic.com)
- Update: Beastie Boys’ Copyright Showdown (ahouraianlaw.wordpress.com)
- The Beastie Boys Did Not Sue GoldieBlox (badassdigest.com)
- Beastie Boys to Girls: Get Your Own Song (jezebel.com)